ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-24
The ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-24 sets out ANZLIC’s strategic and operational context and ANZLIC’s strategic priorities for 2020-24. These strategic priorities include:
1. Modernising foundation spatial information and data
2. Engagement and collaboration
3. Creating insights and influencing decision making
4. Spatial capabilities for the future
5. Future proofing – R&D and technology
The Strategic Plan also provides details of how ANZLIC will measure its success and a roadmap of key initiatives for 2020-24 to deliver on ANZLIC’s priorities.
In 2019, ANZLIC commenced work to refresh its Strategic Plan for 2020-24. This follows expiry of ANZLIC’s Strategic Plan 2016-19 and aims to ensure ANZLIC’s strategy aligns with the current context for spatial data across Australia and New Zealand.
Following strategic discussions at ANZLIC meetings in 2019, ANZLIC ran a focused workshop with key stakeholders on 24 October 2019 to inform the Strategic Plan.
The workshop provided an opportunity to gain insights from both spatial and non-spatial stakeholders across government, industry and the research sector; and for ANZLIC to test its early thinking on strategic priorities and key initiatives with stakeholders for feedback.
ANZLIC also used the workshop to gather feedback on ANZLIC’s Principles for Spatially Enabled Digital Twins of the Built and Natural Environment in Australia, which forms a key part of ANZLIC’s work to foster greater integration of spatial data with other built and natural environment information.
The outputs from ANZLIC’s consultation with key stakeholders in October 2019 are available here.
Updated roadmap, May 2022
In 2022, ANZLIC undertook further consultation with stakeholders, including the Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM), to develop an updated roadmap to continue to implement its Strategic Plan 2020-24.
A workshop with stakeholders was held on 23 February 2022 to discuss emerging trends and challenges and identify opportunities for enhanced collaboration. The summary report from the workshop is available here.
ANZLIC’s updated roadmap includes activities for implementing on the following priority areas:
- Modernise the Foundation Spatial Data Framework – to increase its accuracy and reliability and adopt 3D and 4D formats
- Digital Twins – support the development of standards based digital twins
- Space and Spatial – support downstream application of new space and satellite capabilities and data sources
- Skills and capabilities for the future – support opportunities to address surveying and spatial skills shortages and actively share and grow spatial capability
- Effective collaboration and engagement – with stakeholders across industry, the research sector and government to drive spatial data outcomes
- Support improved diversity and inclusion – leverage opportunities to advocate for greater diversity and inclusion in the spatial sector.
The full Strategic Plan 2020-2024, implementation reports and the updated roadmap are available below:
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (PDF)
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 (Word)
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 - Implementation Update (September 2020)
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 - Progress on implementation of the Roadmap (December 2020)
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 - Progress on implementation of the Roadmap (December 2021)
- ANZLIC Strategic Plan 2020-2024 - Updated Roadmap (May 2022)